We are currently hiring an experienced Logistics/Warehouse Manager
A bit about what you will be doing.
You will be responsible for collating, packing and logistics moves for products across all the product range/customer sectors and as a result this is a very busy and diverse department with logistical and collation requirements occurring everyday throughout the UK, Europe and the rest of the world.
The role is to organise and supervise the logistics and collation team and department, to ensure that all items are suitably protected for the movement from our production facility to their end destination, correctly collated and shipped on the correct date and service. You are required to ensure that all members of the department adhere to Health & Safety guidelines specifically around manual handling and operations of a fork lift. You will work closely with, account and production teams to ensure all projects are delivered and all requirements and needs of the client are met and exceeded.
Working within this extremely busy department you will be tasked with:
- Responsibility for management of the department team members, ensuring that they all work to the required standards.
- Setting up daily, hourly tasks for shifts across the department.
- Scheduling works, projects requirements to fit within production requirements and project timeframes.
- Overseeing the stock levels and ordering of equipment and sundries for the department, control of resource levels and working hours for team members.
- Maintaining and growing a broad network logistics/staffing suppliers ensuring that they meet the exact requirements.
- Create and manage skills assessments for team members.
- Ensure that all department members are following all appropriate ways of working and procedures for each task and ensuring that quality processes are met and followed.
- Identify opportunities for individual and department performance improvement.
- Managing the goods in/out process and communication channels into the business improving these with processes and procedures.
- Management of the production, logistics floor and outside yard space to ensure that it’s a safe, clean tidy and workable environment.
THE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE YOU NEED
- You will certainly need to be organised, capable, friendly and helpful, a confident self starter.
- Excellent ability to project manage, problem solve, work to deadlines and have fantastic organisation abilities.
- Able to multi-task and prioritise, you will be working across a number of activities with tight deadlines.
- Engaging, polite and professional, happy to foge excellent working relationships across all departments.
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written.
- Strong computer skills, particularly with Excel and MS office suite
- Provide reports and information for management as required
- A stickler for processes and getting it right first time
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- On-site parking
- Private medical insurance
- 1.5x O/T
Sounds like you?